Connector can't connect on install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

First I tried the server name and got a "contact your server admin", then I tried the IP and now I'm getting the "another software is in progress" message. 

I was able to download the Connector to my client machine via the <a href="http:///connect">http://<server>/connect. But after launching the Connector I can't get it to install.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Friday, April 6, 2012 12:23 AM

Answers

• I just rebooted my client machine and I was able to connect.  Thanks for your help!!
    • Marked as answer by meantone Friday, April 6, 2012 3:00 AM
    Friday, April 6, 2012 3:00 AM
  • Then you had that key on your machine - it was the Client you checked and not the Server?

Quote: "I goes without saying that I have restarted many times." - but not the Client as it instructed you to do?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by meantone Friday, April 6, 2012 11:53 AM
    Friday, April 6, 2012 3:05 AM

All replies

• If it's the "Pending Reboot" issue (do a search on this forum), try this:

To work around the pending reboot issue:
    1. Open Regedit
    2. Find the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager"
    3. Rename the "PendingFileRenameOperations" value to "PendingFileRenameOperations2"

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Friday, April 6, 2012 12:42 AM
  • Thanks, but I don't have a "PendingFileRenameOperations" under Session Manger.
    Friday, April 6, 2012 1:09 AM
  • What's the actual error message when you try to install the Connector?

Friday, April 6, 2012 1:10 AM
  • "Cannot connect the computer to the server because either another software installation is in progress, or, the computer has a restart pending.  Either complete the installation process, or, restart the computer and try to connect it again."

I goes without saying that I have restarted many times.  I did do one thing I wasn't sure I should do and that was to open the WHS dashboard on the server itself.

Friday, April 6, 2012 2:32 AM
  • I just rebooted my client machine and I was able to connect.  Thanks for your help!!
    • Marked as answer by meantone Friday, April 6, 2012 3:00 AM
    Friday, April 6, 2012 3:00 AM
  • Then you had that key on your machine - it was the Client you checked and not the Server?

Quote: "I goes without saying that I have restarted many times." - but not the Client as it instructed you to do?

• Marked as answer by meantone Friday, April 6, 2012 11:53 AM
    Friday, April 6, 2012 3:05 AM
  • Just to be sure, I don't see a key for "PendingFileRenameOperations" but I do see a folder with that name.

So, I take that I just change the folder name to "PendingFileRenameOperations2"?

Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:36 PM
  • Just to be sure, I don't see a key for "PendingFileRenameOperations" but I do see a folder with that name.

So, I take that I just change the folder name to "PendingFileRenameOperations2"?

No! If you don't have a Key with that name then you have a different problem.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:25 PM
  •                                  

Ok, do you have any idea what it could be? I'd hate to repeat this but, I'm seeing this dialog:

"Cannot connect the computer to the server because either another software installation is in progress, or, the computer has a restart pending.  Either complete the installation process, or, restart the computer and try to connect it again."

The thing is it ONLY happens on 2 Machines, One with Windows 7 and the other with Windows 8. I've installed the connector software on eight machines
    with either Win_7 or Win_8 without a hitch. I can't imagine what's blocking the installation.

Friday, January 24, 2014 3:52 PM
  • All I can suggest is that you carefully check for that Key again on the two failing Clients? You have re-booted them?

In the early days of the problem it was normally caused by a poor Logitech Webcam installation. Have you installed on on either or both of your failing machines?

Friday, January 24, 2014 4:26 PM
  • And check the log files on your client computers at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs

Luc.

Friday, January 24, 2014 4:37 PM
  • Any particular log file? And what should I be looking for in that log file?
    Friday, January 24, 2014 4:58 PM
  • Look for error messages in the ClientDeploy.log file.

Luc.

Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:52 PM