Office 2007 validation failure RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add PDF functionality to my new retail copy of Office 2007 home and student edition but when I try to validate the programe I get the message:

Validation Incomplete: Unable to collect enough information about your PC to make a determination.

Thank you for attempting to validate Microsoft Office. Below is a report that will help you understand why your copy of Microsoft Office could not be validated. Please print the report, review it, and take it to the reseller where you purchased your PC or software. Your reseller may be able to use the validation report to correct the problem and help you obtain genuine Microsoft Office. Be sure to save a copy of the report for your records.

Reasons this PC Failed

• Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
      • The validation process could not be completed. Necessary files may have been tampered with.

Actions

1. Print this report and take it to your reseller.
      Your reseller can help you obtain a genuine copy of Microsoft Office.
    2. Purchase a genuine copy of Microsoft Office.
      If your reseller is unable to help you, you can purchase a genuine copy of Microsoft Office at: http://www.microsoft.com/office/worldwide.mspx.
    3. Correct the problem listed above.
      If you believe your copy of Microsoft Office is genuine, attempt to resolve the issue listed above and return to complete the validation process.
    4. Activate Microsoft Office
      To activate Microsoft Office, start any Office application. The activation wizard will walk you through the steps required to activate Office. If you have problems with activation visit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828958/en. If you are unable to activate Microsoft Office, you may be a victim of software piracy.

Actual Data Gathered

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.000
    Manufacturer:
    Model:
    PID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00204
    Automatically Gathered: 3/20/2007

Additional Resources

This is very annoying, I pay hundreds of pounds to get genuine software, my friends laugh at me but hey, I am an honest guy, then I get shafted by your security for a reason that you will not even explain properly to me.

My office product was purchased from a major retailer. Please explain how I can validate this product.

It really makes you wonder why we try to be honest when you get treated like this. I have attempted to find out how to report this properly but your website is really poor.

Mike

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:35 PM

Answers

• Mike,

I thought you wanted information regarding PDF concerns. First I had you to post the diagnostic report results for me to analyze. Attached below I would like to review information with you.

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0

Usually if there is a activation/validation issue it will give a 101 number. To answer your question significant changes to the configuration of the computer can affect Office activation problems. Some activation problems indicate your license file is corrupted for Microsoft Office 2003 or for Microsoft Office XP. If the license file is corrupted, you cannot resolve the problem by removing and then reinstalling the Office product. The license file is not removed when you remove the Office product. Additionally, the file is not overwritten when you reinstall the Office product. Another symptom of a corrupted license file is a failure to successfully pass Office Genuine Advantage validation. 

Did this answer your question?  Have a great day!

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:22 AM

All replies

• Mike,

Recently I have seen several posts from people who have become victims. As you I too am a customer and try putting myself in your spot while providing customer service as I would expect to receive.  First, I want you to run a diagnostic test in order for us to analyze the results. If you are a victim, I will provide information for you to file a piracy report. Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) is here to help and protect YOU our valued customer. It is important for more people like you to report a piracy case who have become a victim.

I would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012    

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”, you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:44 PM
  • The issue has not been resolved, here is a copy of the windows tab as requested:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: 0x1
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-F4GJK-KG77H-B9HD2
    Windows Product Key Hash: iJAth4TbScMi8HdcPurlASXdEkw=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00204
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003
    ID: cfdd500a-a323-4df3-96d9-ef349a745303
    Is Admin: No
    AutoDial: Yes
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.723.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-138-80041010_025D1FF3-324-80040154_025D1FF3-269-80040154_025D1FF3-273-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>cfdd500a-a323-4df3-96d9-ef349a745303</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-B9HD2</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00204</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2295718168-2681379131-296385815</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Model>Dell DXP061                  </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Version>2.3.0 </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20070115000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>31333507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>DELL  </OEMID><OEMTableID>B8K    </OEMTableID></OEM></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>379BB24F1716F0C</Val><Hash>Seuu9dpY3SSoh/VO8VmanFCupvg=</Hash><Pid>81602-902-4355047-68566</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:21 PM
  • Hello Mike,

Thank you again for posting your diagnostic results. Please follow this link @ http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101675271033.aspx. Next locate the heading Install and use the Save as PDF or XPS add-in from Microsoft and click on the hyperlink in number 1. This will provide detailed information for adding PDF capabilities to your MS Office 2007. Please re-post and let me know if you need further assistance. Have a great week :-).

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:39 PM
  • Thanks for this, it now works.

In order that i can understand what happened could you please briefly explain what the problem was?

Mike

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:49 PM
  • Mike,

There are many situations where it is useful to save your file in a fixed-layout format that is easy to share and print and hard to modify. Examples of these situations include resumes, legal documents, newsletters, and any other file that is intended to be primarily read and printed. The 2007 Microsoft Office system offers a free add-in to save or export this type of file, but you must first install the add-in before you can use it. Other third-party products may also be available to export a Microsoft Office file into a fixed-layout document.  Hope this will provide info so you can understand more :-).

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:01 AM
  • Would you please answer my question, why was Office not validating ?

I did not ask about pdf, please answer the question.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:07 AM
  • Mike,

I thought you wanted information regarding PDF concerns. First I had you to post the diagnostic report results for me to analyze. Attached below I would like to review information with you.

OGA Data-->

Usually if there is a activation/validation issue it will give a 101 number. To answer your question significant changes to the configuration of the computer can affect Office activation problems. Some activation problems indicate your license file is corrupted for Microsoft Office 2003 or for Microsoft Office XP. If the license file is corrupted, you cannot resolve the problem by removing and then reinstalling the Office product. The license file is not removed when you remove the Office product. Additionally, the file is not overwritten when you reinstall the Office product. Another symptom of a corrupted license file is a failure to successfully pass Office Genuine Advantage validation. 

Did this answer your question?  Have a great day!

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:22 AM