none
Windows 7 Configuration Requirements for MCTS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys.

I'm in preparation for studying for MCTS. I've already installed VMware Workstation. Apart from installing Windows 7 on it, what else would i need for the course? Do i need any server for the time being? what about other softwares that i should install in my virtual machine? My Computer is running W7 Ultimate x86, 3Gb Ram, 250Gb Hdd and Intel Core Duo  CPU T5250 @1.50GHz 1.50GHz.

Thx.

Monday, June 4, 2012 1:44 AM

Answers

• If you are talking about the Windows 7 exam 70-680 a simple Windows 7 machine should be fine. You really would not need a Domain controller and server until you start working on your MCITP. One piece of advice would be to install the solution accelerators and get familiar with those. ACT MDT MAP. They are great tools and will be covered on a lot of different exams. Here is a link to them. Other than that follow the labs in the Microsoft Press book and you should do great.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/bb545941.aspx
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:34 AM

All replies

• What is the exact certification/course you are doing as this will determine what you will need to setup.  Any software required will be on the companion CD provided with your study material.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, June 4, 2012 2:30 AM
  • I've started with MCTS as i'm heading to MCITP Enterprise.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:10 AM
  • I've started with MCTS as i'm heading to MCITP Enterprise.
    Which MCTS as there is more than 1 MCTS exam in the MCITP Enterprise certification?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:12 AM
  • If you are talking about the Windows 7 exam 70-680 a simple Windows 7 machine should be fine. You really would not need a Domain controller and server until you start working on your MCITP. One piece of advice would be to install the solution accelerators and get familiar with those. ACT MDT MAP. They are great tools and will be covered on a lot of different exams. Here is a link to them. Other than that follow the labs in the Microsoft Press book and you should do great.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/bb545941.aspx
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:34 AM
  • Its just Windows 7 exam 70-680.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:45 PM
  • Thx brother. im on it
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:46 PM