External interface using Dynamic DNS for FQDN and IP address RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have been trying to deploy the edge server using Dynamic DNS for my external interface's fqdn and IP address. I am using an internal CA on my internal server to issue out the certs for both external and internal interface.

I got my external interface connected to the internet and tried to sign in from communicator, however it seems that the traffic stops at the external interface with the communicator saying problem with the certificate.

Is there any solution to this or is it even possible to deploy with dynamic dns?

Thanks alot

Monday, June 16, 2008 1:15 AM

Answers

• Depends.  Does the external client have the Root CA for the internal CA your cert was issued from?  Does it resolve the a record associated with your SRV record?  Does the subject of the certificate have the FQDN that you have in the A record of your SRV entry to the access edge (i.e. _sip._tls.sipdomain)?

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:54 PM

All replies

• Depends.  Does the external client have the Root CA for the internal CA your cert was issued from?  Does it resolve the a record associated with your SRV record?  Does the subject of the certificate have the FQDN that you have in the A record of your SRV entry to the access edge (i.e. _sip._tls.sipdomain)?

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:54 PM
  • Hi Mark,

You were right. The issue lies with my certificate. Manage to get it running now. Thanks alot for your help

Friday, June 20, 2008 3:06 AM