What should I do now? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an unbranded machine having a Windows Xp Pro installed, after getting a Blue Screen (several times then didnt work at all ) I tried to Install XP from the supplier disk.

I installed after creating a new partition but the Product Key I entered is not validated. The reason I think the XP CD is home and the product key is for Pro.

Now I need to create a partition again to install from another CD (pro) but when I am trying to boot from CD it goes to start the setup previous session again. ( i.e. asking for product key ).

Any help regarding this is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

skhr
    Monday, January 24, 2011 6:35 AM

Answers

• "skhr1234" wrote in message news:170f9e6f-a3ab-4dca-b6d4-aac765568aa9...

I have an unbranded machine having a Windows Xp Pro installed, after getting a Blue Screen (several times then didnt work at all ) I tried to Install XP from the supplier disk.

I installed after creating a new partition but the Product Key I entered is not validated. The reason I think the XP CD is home and the product key is for Pro.

Now I need to create a partition again to install from another CD (pro) but when I am trying to boot from CD it goes to start the setup previous session again. ( i.e. asking for product key ).

Any help regarding this is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

skhr

Please repost your query to the appropriate forum - Win XP Install Answers....

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:51 PM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 10:11 AM