none
OEM and DSP diffrences RRS feed

• Question

• Is there some difrences betwen Windows 7 Pro original OEM COA sticker and OEM DSP sticker, is there some markings on the DSP sticker so I can make difrence betwen both or they are apsolutly the same ?

admin. please move post if you think that is not for this category

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:21 PM

Answers

• If I recall correctly, Delivery Service Partner (DSP) labels usually do not identify the fabricator of the computer.  This could be a counsultant or other custom builder.  The OS is typically OEM licensed.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:30 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello nnkole,

The only reference I could find that spells out Delivery Service Partner is in an ancient Office 97 KB:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171707

I think DSP is probably a legacy term that has since changed to "systembuilder."

The systembuilder CoA has "OEM Software" on the second line, directly under the product name, in this case "Windows 7 Pro."  A CoA on a major manufacturer computer would have the computer manufacturer's name in that spot.

The only place that "DSP" appears on a systembuilder pack of Windows 7 is on the 2" x 5" barcoding/stock keeping label affixed to the outer thin white carboard sleeve that the plastic case comes in.  The product description is:

"WIN PRO 64--BIT ENGLISH 1PK DSP OEI DVD"

I have no idea what the "OEI" stands for.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:22 PM

All replies

• If I recall correctly, Delivery Service Partner (DSP) labels usually do not identify the fabricator of the computer.  This could be a counsultant or other custom builder.  The OS is typically OEM licensed.
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello nnkole,

The only reference I could find that spells out Delivery Service Partner is in an ancient Office 97 KB:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171707

I think DSP is probably a legacy term that has since changed to "systembuilder."

The systembuilder CoA has "OEM Software" on the second line, directly under the product name, in this case "Windows 7 Pro."  A CoA on a major manufacturer computer would have the computer manufacturer's name in that spot.

The only place that "DSP" appears on a systembuilder pack of Windows 7 is on the 2" x 5" barcoding/stock keeping label affixed to the outer thin white carboard sleeve that the plastic case comes in.  The product description is:

"WIN PRO 64--BIT ENGLISH 1PK DSP OEI DVD"

I have no idea what the "OEI" stands for.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:22 PM
  • As I recall OEI just means original equipment installer.  From the end user standpoint all of these acronyms add up to OEM licensing with all the restrictions on support and transferrability.
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:28 PM
    Answerer