none
can-spam opt out list RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who can't receive email from a specific sender.  He can send to them.  When looked into the NDR from the sender and asked their IT I was told that the recipient is placed on can-spam opt out list.  I have never heard of it and don't know how it works with opt in or opt out.  Can someone add or remove from the list by themselves?  The sender said he can do override but I think it might just fix the problem for them.  It might happen to some other senders in the future.  So I guess the best fix is to remove the user from the list.  If so, how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Manu Meng Monday, June 24, 2019 2:20 AM Because it is
    Friday, June 21, 2019 12:01 AM

All replies

• I have a user who can't receive email from a specific sender.  He can send to them.  When looked into the NDR from the sender and asked their IT I was told that the recipient is placed on can-spam opt out list.  I have never heard of it and don't know how it works with opt in or opt out.  Can someone add or remove from the list by themselves?  The sender said he can do override but I think it might just fix the problem for them.  It might happen to some other senders in the future.  So I guess the best fix is to remove the user from the list.  If so, how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

This isnt an Exchange question. Any opt-out stuff is a process maintained outside of Exchange as part of mailing list software or by mailist vendors.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 12:12 AM