none
Accessing Technet Product Keys RRS feed

• Question

• I recently performed a low level format on a PC which contained one of my TechNet Product keys for Windows 7.  I have tried to locate the link to access my product keys on TechNet, but have been unsuccessful.  Is the link to access my Product Keys via subscriber benefits still available? 
    Friday, July 7, 2017 7:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• This link may help:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/hh442899.aspx

You need to sign in to view your product keys.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:55 AM
  • or also ask over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=msdnfeedback

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:10 PM
  • Thanks Richard.  I have tried this link previously, but did not have success.  The Technet and MSDN subscriptions are considered separate, so I am unable to view the product keys I had obtained from Technet on the MSDN website.  When I click on the link provided, I am informed that there isn't a MSDN subscription associated with my account.  I was hoping that the link to the Technet product keys was still available.
    Monday, July 10, 2017 4:26 AM
  • As far as I know the TechNet subscriptions were abandoned 3 or 4 years ago. Any keys would have also died with the subscription. Either case the support would have rolled into MSDN subscription support.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 10, 2017 12:41 PM
  • I'm aware that the downloads for TechNet subscriptions ended approximately 4 years ago.  However, the keys were still accessible.  In fact, I was able to use a key for Office 2013 this year by accessing the Product Key Site earlier this year from the TechNet homepage.  I have spoken with MSDN support and was told to come to these forums.  I was hoping someone would be able to provide me a definitive answer as to what happen to this hyperlink since it was available this year.  I will try posting this same question on their forums.
    Monday, July 10, 2017 2:11 PM
  • I was hoping someone would be able to provide me a definitive answer as to what happen to this hyperlink since it was available this year.

There's no way for us to know about this. Only someone microsoft would have access to that information. If MSDN cannot help you can also try starting a support call.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Monday, July 10, 2017 2:23 PM