One Care won't activate - it keeps saying I need a subscription, I have one already! RRS feed

• Question

• If I click the subscribe button it goes to a page that wants to sell me a server subscription, why?

I am runnng windows xp prof and I design websites, I have sql 2005 express edition installed and running IIS for local development work, could this have anything to do with it?

I wish I could just ring support, I don't even mind paying! Is there a support number ?  Premium or otherwise I don't mind.

Thanks

c.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:52 PM

Answers

• TotalIQ,

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum. If you have purchased your copy of OneCare you can get support by clicking the following links and following the steps. Having purchased the program in combination of having the Product Key and a Windows Live ID will entitle you to telephone support.

Start by clicking here:

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2_5_client&queryType=keyword&query=rehto+rehtO&sid=012c8547-106a-41f8-9a49-231660b153fd_20373032&mkt=en-us 

1 .     Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

2 .     Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

3 .     Click Get support

4 .     Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

5.     Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Sunday, September 28, 2008 10:20 PM

All replies

• TotalIQ,

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum. If you have purchased your copy of OneCare you can get support by clicking the following links and following the steps. Having purchased the program in combination of having the Product Key and a Windows Live ID will entitle you to telephone support.

Start by clicking here:

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2_5_client&queryType=keyword&query=rehto+rehtO&sid=012c8547-106a-41f8-9a49-231660b153fd_20373032&mkt=en-us 

1 .     Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

2 .     Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

3 .     Click Get support

4 .     Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

5.     Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Sunday, September 28, 2008 10:20 PM
  • I never managed to resolve this, I did re-install Windows (not for that reason) and when I installed OneCare on the fresh windows XP prof. install it was fine. Strange, Once Care Rocks despite the hiccup!

C:O)
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:20 PM
  • That is odd, but glad to read that you were able to resolve it, albeit with a complete Windows reinstall.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, April 20, 2009 12:54 PM