Customing the CRM 2011 IFD SignIn page RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone point to where we would edit the Signin Page, once you have enabled IFD. We have to add a disclaimer and support link to the page and it is a bit different in CRM 2011 then it was in CRM 4?
    Chuck Oldes Eskel Porter Consulting
    Friday, May 20, 2011 4:13 PM

Answers

• IFD Authentication is now handled by ADFS 2.0.  When you configure ADFS, the Authentication Web Application is installed on the Default Web Site in IIS.

If you navigate to the Default Website, you'll see:

<default website root>\adfs\ls\

which is where you'll find the ADFS Web Application ASPX files.

From what I can see there are two main components of customisation:

1. web.config
    2. CommonResources

web.config

The web.config contains 3 commented appsettings, one of which allows the inclusion of a logo.

CommonResources

There are a collection of language specific CommonResources.<??>.resx files where the <??> equates to a language code (eg. en for english) that contain Resource Strings used to display textual content on the ADFS Web Forms.

Rather than hacking at the ASPX pages, I would think these two options would present a more "supported" way of customising the login page.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com
    Friday, May 20, 2011 8:41 PM

All replies

• IFD Authentication is now handled by ADFS 2.0.  When you configure ADFS, the Authentication Web Application is installed on the Default Web Site in IIS.

If you navigate to the Default Website, you'll see:

<default website root>\adfs\ls\

which is where you'll find the ADFS Web Application ASPX files.

From what I can see there are two main components of customisation:

1. web.config
    2. CommonResources

web.config

The web.config contains 3 commented appsettings, one of which allows the inclusion of a logo.

CommonResources

There are a collection of language specific CommonResources.<??>.resx files where the <??> equates to a language code (eg. en for english) that contain Resource Strings used to display textual content on the ADFS Web Forms.

Rather than hacking at the ASPX pages, I would think these two options would present a more "supported" way of customising the login page.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com
    Friday, May 20, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Thanks for pointing in the right direction

Chuck Oldes Eskel Porter Consulting
    Monday, May 23, 2011 7:19 PM