user changeable displayed order of contact fields.... RRS feed

• Question

• I ran accoross this need when adding 'nickname' to my contacts to better enable Voice command to identify a contact; which worked.  This field is  now very important to me and filled out with each new contact, but it resides near the bottom of the contact fields list.  Moving the field further up the list would be a time saver.

The need is to allow the displayed order of the contact fields to be user selected.  An example would be to allow the user to move the 'nickname' field from it's current displayed location above the 'birthday' field, to be displayed above the 'custom ring' field.

I would imagine that with such a long list of fields,  many people would find it handy to re-arrange those fields with their most frequently used ones at the top.
    Sunday, April 6, 2008 10:32 PM

Answers

• Greetings ooo.stephen!  Welcome to the Windows Mobile Users Circle forums!

I am sorry to say that the bundled inbox (outlook for mobile devices) application does not support a user specified field header for you to be able to sort your contacts.

You may wish to look into programs like Pocket Informant 2008 (from webIS), as I believe it offers this kind of custom configuration.  Also, I believe Pocket Contacts (from SBSH.net) also provides this kind of support.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Monday, April 7, 2008 8:18 PM

All replies

• Greetings ooo.stephen!  Welcome to the Windows Mobile Users Circle forums!

I am sorry to say that the bundled inbox (outlook for mobile devices) application does not support a user specified field header for you to be able to sort your contacts.

You may wish to look into programs like Pocket Informant 2008 (from webIS), as I believe it offers this kind of custom configuration.  Also, I believe Pocket Contacts (from SBSH.net) also provides this kind of support.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Monday, April 7, 2008 8:18 PM
  •  

Furthermore. I have just moved from a Nokia where I could save a large number of telephone numbers per contact and could label them as mobiles, because that is what they are. Many people have more than one mobile and will alo have several different internatioanl ones. This was no problem for my Nokia, but now when I have uplaoded the contacts form my Nokia to Outlook then syncrhonised them to my new Sansung Onmia, most of my numbers have dissappeared. If I change it now it will be like going back to the stone ages when I had to have a different contact saved for each different phone number for a person.

In my case I have 7 different mobile numbers (and only two are from the same country), that I use consistently. There simply no facility to do this in outlook. If there is no way around this then I will have to return the windows mobile device to the shop and go back to the nokia.

Sunday, December 7, 2008 5:09 PM