none
Using Vista in another computer

Question

• I bought an Acer laptop with Vista Home Premium in it in 2008 and it was broken last week. I want to use its Vista in another laptop and I have set up it. However, it says the product key is invalid for the validation when I tried to activate it.

I would like to know if it is possible to use this Vista in another computer and if the answer is yes, how could I validate it.

Thank you in advance.

Monday, January 30, 2012 7:15 PM

Answers

• "fatih0206" wrote in message news:17382e8a-f21b-4c41-a8a4-b5651d9b795a...

I bought an Acer laptop with Vista Home Premium in it in 2008 and it was broken last week. I want to use its Vista in another laptop and I have set up it. However, it says the product key is invalid for the validation when I tried to activate it.

I would like to know if it is possible to use this Vista in another computer and if the answer is yes, how could I validate it.

Thank you in advance.

No- preinstalled Windows Licenses are OEM ones, and locked to the first PC on which they are activated – they cannot be moved to another PC under any circumstances.
    You will need to purchase a Full Retail license for Windows (probably Win7 Home Premium) and use that to upgrade your system – unless the new one came with a Win7 license originally.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by fatih0206 Monday, January 30, 2012 7:40 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 7:36 PM

All replies

I bought an Acer laptop with Vista Home Premium in it in 2008 and it was broken last week. I want to use its Vista in another laptop and I have set up it. However, it says the product key is invalid for the validation when I tried to activate it.

Thank you in advance.

No- preinstalled Windows Licenses are OEM ones, and locked to the first PC on which they are activated – they cannot be moved to another PC under any circumstances.
    You will need to purchase a Full Retail license for Windows (probably Win7 Home Premium) and use that to upgrade your system – unless the new one came with a Win7 license originally.

• Marked as answer by fatih0206 Monday, January 30, 2012 7:40 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 7:36 PM

Thank you in advance.

Unluckily. Thank you for your reply.
    Monday, January 30, 2012 7:44 PM
  • "fatih0206" wrote in message news:20aab112-6339-43d6-8ec6-7d9a14b3c01a...

Unluckily. Thank you for your reply.

You’re welcome.

Monday, January 30, 2012 7:52 PM