Error reporting tool Idea RRS feed

• General discussion

• I got an Idea Why not put a tool when wloc crashes has issues It sends a error report right to those who need to know an autmatic error report with user feedback you wouldn't have all these attempt of discriptions of issues which some are the same just explained different and then you would have logged data to support the discription of the error then that would make connect feedback obsolite and get the info & data on issues faster. a System like that maybe speed up the releasing of refresh builds faster knocking off all this wait time and beta testers banging there heads against the wall on why something happen or went wrong.

I've not been able to create a feedback bug report on connect since they were down for maintenance

Monday, July 23, 2007 2:08 PM

All replies

• There are a number of people reporting issues with Connect, unfortunately. I like your idea, by the way.

-steve

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:13 AM
  • What I would really like to see is the Microsoft Beta thing that came with the pre-release version of Vista.  You tell it what section of the OS you are having problems with and report it and it uploads event logs and other pertinent information.  I have a few bugs that I would like to report.  The Problem and Soltions center only deals with crashes.   How does anybody report bugs to microsoft anyways?
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:16 AM
  • Anybody?
    Friday, August 10, 2007 7:39 PM
  • To report a Wloc bug you go wloc feedback form

there's another step too you need to go into C:\Programs Files\Microsoft Windows Live One Care\OneCareSupport on vista you rt click and run as adminstator saves you a step let it run then it creates a zip file in C:\ and you would attach that to your feedback bug report.

zhackwyatt wrote:
    What I would really like to see is the Microsoft Beta thing that came with the pre-release version of Vista.  You tell it what section of the OS you are having problems with and report it and it uploads event logs and other pertinent information.  I have a few bugs that I would like to report.  The Problem and Soltions center only deals with crashes.   How does anybody report bugs to microsoft anyways?

Friday, August 10, 2007 8:02 PM
  • No, I wasn't talking about Windows Live OneCare bugs.  I was talking about bugs for released products like Office and Vista.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 4:33 AM