Mesh Mobile Client:... not allowed to add my device??? RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed the fixed LM mobile client on my WM6.1 Tilt. When I run it, I get "Live Mesh is not available, Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh". 

The first part of the error message makes it sound like the service is down. The second part makes it sound like a limit has been reached.

Which is right?
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:06 AM

Answers

• Jeeez Brian, if you look at the FAQ (that was updated today), the first question says:

>>>

Issue: I've installed the Live Mesh for Mobile client on my mobile device, but when I try to sign in I'm told there is limited availability, and I cannot add my device at this time.
    Workaround: In order to add your mobile device to your mesh, you must do both of the following: 
    1. Click on the appropriate promo code link (US or UK) from your computer (not your mobile device).
    2. Visit www.mesh.com from your computer (again, not from your mobile device) and add that device to your mesh from the Devices page.
    <<<

All's good here, I'm really impressed with what you guys have done with Mesh!!

Brian
    • Marked as answer by BrianLoesgen Saturday, November 1, 2008 6:28 AM
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 6:28 AM

All replies

• Jeeez Brian, if you look at the FAQ (that was updated today), the first question says:

>>>

Issue: I've installed the Live Mesh for Mobile client on my mobile device, but when I try to sign in I'm told there is limited availability, and I cannot add my device at this time.
    Workaround: In order to add your mobile device to your mesh, you must do both of the following: 
    1. Click on the appropriate promo code link (US or UK) from your computer (not your mobile device).
    2. Visit www.mesh.com from your computer (again, not from your mobile device) and add that device to your mesh from the Devices page.
    <<<

All's good here, I'm really impressed with what you guys have done with Mesh!!

Brian
    • Marked as answer by BrianLoesgen Saturday, November 1, 2008 6:28 AM
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 6:28 AM
  • Only: this does NOT work!!!

Gives an error: (Code: 410ab9aa-c133, 11/1/2008 1:07 AM)

I am a US user in Los Angeles. I also get the error when I click on the UK code.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 8:12 AM
  • Hi ivar.c,

Are you clicking that link from your computer (not your phone)?  And adding the device on your computer first as well?  Also, do you have the Country/Region on your Live ID profile page set to United States?

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 7:37 PM
  • I also get the error;

Unknown Error.

(Code: 7ea7f4ad-0758, 11/3/2008 9:02 PM)

When i click on the above link.  Anyone have any good ideas?

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:04 AM
  • NearDenver said:

I also get the error;

Unknown Error.

(Code: 7ea7f4ad-0758, 11/3/2008 9:02 PM)

When i click on the above link.  Anyone have any good ideas?

Hi,

You may want to try some of the suggestions in our Known Issues sticky (the first issue in particular has a set of things to check).  Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 9:17 PM