User Password RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to WHS so bear with me.. I can't find any information about this question so here goes.

Is there any way for a user who remote accesses my WHS to change their password to whatever they choose?

I am setting up user accounts for family members from afar and it would be really nice if when they sign on for the first time with the password I set, they could have the option of changing the password to one of their own.

Thanks
    Monday, March 30, 2009 4:15 PM

Answers

Is there any way for a user who remote accesses my WHS to change their password to whatever they choose?
    No. Users can't change their passwords using the Remote Access web site unless you give them the password for the Console (which you should not do; the console is intended for use by the administrator of the server only).
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 30, 2009 5:01 PM

All replies

No. Users can't change their passwords using the Remote Access web site unless you give them the password for the Console (which you should not do; the console is intended for use by the administrator of the server only).
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 30, 2009 5:01 PM
  • I expected that answer :-) 

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Monday, March 30, 2009 8:09 PM