Cannot Remove Hard Drive RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

Having setup WHS I moved some 600Gb of data on to it. I left it alone for 24hrs and I then tested the remove drive function. The wizard fired up and after a short time informed me that no data would be lost if this drive was removed. I clicked next and a new window opened saying this proccess could take some hours. After 4 hours nothing had changed, the bar showing progress had not moved. When I checked after 6 hours the window had closed. Yet server storage showed all 7 drives to be green. I had hoped the drive for removal would have been listed it as safe to remove. It seems the remove function has failed?

On another note, All drives are the same Maxstor Sata 200Gb and show as such in the console, so how do I tell which physical drive to remove. I know which one is the Sys drive but the other 6. It would help if the date/time the drive was added to the storage pool was listed.  

WHS OEM

P4/2.8Ghz

1Gb Ram

7 X 200Gb

Thursday, November 22, 2007 12:38 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately there is no easy way to tell which drive you want to remove other than doing it one by one until you get the right one. This is somethign that people are asking for in V2 so you should go and vote for it on the MS Connect website.

Andrew

Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:45 AM