CRM 2011 Marketing List - Turn off Navigation Menu RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to turn off the left navigation menu on the marketing list main form under form properties, I get an error when the form renders:

Error Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
    Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Full Stack:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
      at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.PageHandlers.ListRecordPageHandler.ConfigureNavHandler()
      at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Utility.GenericEventProcessor.RaiseEvent(String eventName)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.PageManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
      at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
      at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Other Message:

Error Number:

Source File:
    Not available

Line Number:
    Not available

Error Trace:

Date: 03-17-2011

Time: 11:26:33

Server: dev11crm00

Request URL:
    http://dev11crm00/FCMDEV/userdefined/edit.aspx?_gridType=4300&etc=4300&id=%7bD27E9E5D-2A35-E011-B597-005056BC2CB4%7d&pagemode=iframe&rskey=926335096&sitemappath=Workplace%7cMyWork%7cnav_activities

Any ideas? I was able to turn off the navigation for accounts and contacts with no problem. 
    Thanks, 
    Dave
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:26 PM

Answers

• I suspect that is it related to the member list navigation item.  This is a key item to building a Marketing List and end users need it so you will not be able to remove it from view. 

Having said the above, I understand that if it is required then you shouldn't have the option to remove it.  This most likely needs to be reported and corrected.  You can do that on the Connect site.

Thank you!

Regards, Donna

• Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dave Maslen Monday, April 4, 2011 1:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:51 PM

All replies

• I suspect that is it related to the member list navigation item.  This is a key item to building a Marketing List and end users need it so you will not be able to remove it from view. 

Having said the above, I understand that if it is required then you shouldn't have the option to remove it.  This most likely needs to be reported and corrected.  You can do that on the Connect site.

Thank you!

Regards, Donna

• Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dave Maslen Monday, April 4, 2011 1:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:51 PM
  • I've reported the issue to Microsoft on the Connect site. Hopefully I'll either get a workaround, or they'll fix this.

Cheers,

Dave

Monday, April 4, 2011 1:56 PM