Importing Customization Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I exported one existing custom entity and made the changes in that xml file to create another entity from there (clone).

Now when i am trying to import it , i am getting the following error.

"Failure: new_tourcampaign: Import has encountered an error and has been canceled. Your system has been restored to its original state. A new custom entity cannot reuse existing Saved Queries."

Do someone have how to i take care of saved queries.

Thanks !

Thursday, December 4, 2008 4:12 PM

Answers

• This is what i did and it worked for me.

I removed all the content between the <SavedQueries> tag and imported the customization. It worked successfully. But i was having issues with publishing the new entity without View, so i had to create the View and publish that.
    Now it works fine.

Please let me know if there is something which i am missing or doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 4:46 PM

All replies

• This is what i did and it worked for me.

I removed all the content between the <SavedQueries> tag and imported the customization. It worked successfully. But i was having issues with publishing the new entity without View, so i had to create the View and publish that.
    Now it works fine.

Please let me know if there is something which i am missing or doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 4:46 PM
  •  

This can also happen if you have changed any of the out of the box saved queries in the database.  For example even if you changed any of the public views to be private via the SavedQueryBase table, that will cause this error.  The fix is to undo anything you have changed in the tables manually then run your import again.  That should fix it.
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:54 PM