Duplicate Default Routing Domain RRS feed

• Question

•  

Some how while changing the Default Routing Domain for my forest I ended up with duplicats and BOTH have the checkmark for default route.

If I try to unmark one, and hit apply the console saies it can't do it and I should delete the duplicate. If I try and delete the duplicate while it is checked I get an error that I need to uncheck it.

If I add a domain I get and error about the duplicates and someone about not completing all actions. Even with another domain in the list I can't set the other domain as the default as I get the same error about the dulicates.

Is there a way to fix this with ADSI edit or some other tool to delete the duplicate?

Monday, October 27, 2008 8:07 PM

Answers

•  

OK I found the domains unter system/Microsoft/Global Settings

They where named CN= {Long GUID} under the properties I found the domain names.

I then renamed one of the duplicate domain names and then went back to the OCS Console tool and was able to change which one was default and remove the dulpicates.

Thanks for your help..

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:13 PM

All replies

• Sounds like it was added twice before AD replication took place.  If the UI doesn't let you delete then ADSIEdit or LDP is your only choice.  You would find the entry under the configuration container Services\RTC Service\Phone Routes

Once you're there, hopefully it will be obvious which is the second entry.  I would recommend a system state backup before making changes though.

Monday, October 27, 2008 10:16 PM
  •  

Are you sure about that path?

I have ADSI Edit open, I have selected Configuration as the Naming Context.

Under

CN=Configuration,DC=Mydomain,DC=com

|-CN=Services

I do not see RTC Service.

Monday, October 27, 2008 10:52 PM
  • It can also be under the system\Microsoft container of your forest root domain NC.  OCS provides the choice during initial setup.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:17 PM
  •  

OK I found the domains unter system/Microsoft/Global Settings

They where named CN= {Long GUID} under the properties I found the domain names.

I then renamed one of the duplicate domain names and then went back to the OCS Console tool and was able to change which one was default and remove the dulpicates.

Thanks for your help..

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:13 PM