none
Configuration error, targetFramework 4.7, Visual Studio 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• When I run my site in IIS I receive a 'Configuration Error' in my web.config pointing to my <appSettings> element with the 'configBuilders' attribute in line 18 mentioned below.
    I'm not sure where the issue is. VS, nuget packages, .net, IIS, my application?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: One or more errors occurred.

Source Error:

Line 17:   </connectionStrings>
    Line 18:   <appSettings configBuilders="AzureKeyVault">

Line 19:     <add key="webpages:Version" value="3.0.0.0" />
    Line 20:     <add key="webpages:Enabled" value="false" />

Source File: D:\Franklin_Incident\franklinAPI\web.config    Line: 18

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3160.0

I performed the following steps to add key vault feature in my asp .net application :- 

1. I installed the Azure Services Authentication extension in Visual Studio (2017).

2. I Installed the .net 4.7.1 developer .msi

3. I set my Web Forms project to target .net 4.7.1

4. I installed the following packages from nuget

<package id="Microsoft.Azure.KeyVault" version="2.0.0-preview" targetFramework="net471" />
    <package id="Microsoft.Azure.KeyVault.Core" version="2.0.5-preview" targetFramework="net471" />
    <package id="Microsoft.Azure.KeyVault.WebKey" version="2.1.0-preview" targetFramework="net471" />
    <package id="Microsoft.Azure.Services.AppAuthentication" version="1.1.0-preview" targetFramework="net471" />
    <package id="Microsoft.Configuration.ConfigurationBuilders.Azure" version="1.0.0-preview" targetFramework="net471" />
    <package id="Microsoft.Configuration.ConfigurationBuilders.Base" version="1.0.0-preview" targetFramework="net471" />

5. I added a 'configBuilders' section to my <configSections> in my web.config

6. I added a <configBuilders> section

7. I finally applied the 'configBuilders' attribute to my <appSettings> element and <connectionStrings> element in my web.config as shown above.

Monday, August 27, 2018 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Shubham Choubey,

Thank you for posting here.

Since your question is more related to IIS, you could post a new thread in IIS forum for suitable support.

https://forums.iis.net/

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 5:50 AM