"printer status unknown" RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to clean print heads on an HP deskjet 8600.  I am getting the error "printer status unknown" and the computer refuses to clean the print heads.  

The computer DOES recognize the printer for all other purposes - it prints (crappy prints because, I am told, HP seems to have designed its printers to cause or simulate problems when they believe you are not spending your life savings on their in-house inks), scans, and copies, but for anything more, the computer and printer pretend not to be able to find each other.  In a properly designed computer and printer, they seek and find a way to communicate - its not 1977, its 2017.  I should not need to know how to program - that should all be automated by now. The error message should be "Sorry, our incompetent software designers have left programs so buggy they cannot seamlessly integrate with anything - please buy another brand."

Does anybody know how to cure this continued prevalence of incompetent programming and get  around this error message?
    • Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, October 31, 2017 6:47 AM
    Monday, October 30, 2017 4:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at HP Support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 30, 2017 7:20 AM