looking for oem hardware that is win ce 6.0 compatible. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear god i hope i'm in the right place! Ok I would like to purchase a windows ce compatible device. I live in Abu Dhabi. I called microsoft. After 20 minutes of discussion, we finally arrived to the fact that what I'm looking for is the piece of hardware itself. Something about an OEM tag. Then all I'll have to do after purchasing this piece of hardware is to go to ms.com and downloaded win embedded ce 6.0. Then I can use C# for example to build an application and test it. I visited ms.com/hardware/systembuilders and ended up here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/partners/find/default.mspx?CountryID=2&ProductExpertiseID=1&show=true (windows embedded partner search). I chose UAE and WIN CE. left the first two ALL because i really didnt no what to pick. I ended up with one search result. I called. They said they might be able to help. I checked their website. All their devices already had their own applications installed. they had functions to perform. Not what i'm looking for. I remembered the tech guy that i spent 20min on the phone with saying that if i just want to buy the hardware then it should be very easy.

Well ladies and gentlemen, is it? Because I've been struggling with this for days now. I want a piece just to buy a piece of hardware that has a usb port (move my code to for testing). size is regular. mayb 5by5 inches? lcd screen. thts it. this is all i want. just that piece of hardware. So can someone PLZ tell me where can I buy this from? Which partner available in the United Arab Emirates can help me with this? I want to buy a 5 by 5 piece of hardware with an lcd screen and USB ports that has an OEM license/tag from microsoft so that after purchasing it, i can download and install WIN CE 6.0 on this device and commence my adventure to discovering if i can do well as a programmer ont his device or not.

Thank you!!!!

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:57 AM

All replies

• This part of HW you are looking for you can buy here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26917 .

Many happy days working with WinCE - kernel. It´s realy interesting world - remembering me Windows NT or DOS. First try to modify it, if WinCE still alive, try to add something. WinCE exprorer is the part of navigation, when you switch off navigation program, only WinCE are still running, it gives you (Control Panel) basic information about limited structure of WinCE running on this device.

Greetings from Czech Republic.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:13 AM