Backup trouble RRS feed

• Question

• I need to do a backup but it keeps telling me I don't have a CD drive. I do and I burn stuff all the time. Why can't I burn a backup disc?
    Monday, December 29, 2008 10:58 PM

Answers

• Hello fowpa, if you have another packet writing application such as Roxio or Nero running in the system tray, exit the program and you should be able to burn a One Care backup.
    Jim
    Monday, December 29, 2008 11:05 PM

All replies

• Hello fowpa, if you have another packet writing application such as Roxio or Nero running in the system tray, exit the program and you should be able to burn a One Care backup.
    Jim
    Monday, December 29, 2008 11:05 PM
  •  To my knowledge I have nothing else running, but I'll check it out.
    Monday, December 29, 2008 11:06 PM
  •  With Roxio it is called DirectCD and with Nero it is InCD. These are optional programs that allow you to copy files directly to a disc, which the program "formats" to let it act like a hard drive/removable drive. In the past, we also saw problems with Nero's media watch component that would monitor the drive for inserted media to launch the appropriate Nero program depending on what was inserted. Disabling this usually sorted the issue.
    If none of the above apply, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 1:12 PM
  • `yo i just got onecare n my lil onecare simble is yellow n it tells me to do a back up thing but i dont know how to do it so can u plz help me out here ......
    Sunday, January 4, 2009 7:44 AM
  • Hello Alex, see this step by step guide on how to back up files in One Care - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944172
    Jim
    Sunday, January 4, 2009 12:40 PM