Office 2007 Software move and "Not Genuine" Message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After a recent computer crash my base unit's hard drive became unreadable, nothing on it could be recovered.
    I have had to start using my laptop and now when I use any of the parts of the Office 2007 Suite I keep getting a message that says it's not genuine.

The version I have was not installed on my PC or my laptop when I bought them.
    I got this through a special offer my company negotiated for our own private use and so it is not part of their licence arrangements.
    It was originally installed to the (now unusable) base unit via a direct download, but at that time I also had the installation CD sent to me.

Is it possible to get this transfered to my working laptop some how?

Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:40 PM

Answers

• If you have attempted to install the product on the laptop and that is where you are getting the non-genuine message you need to post the results of the MGA Diagnostic report.  From there we may be able to help more.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 25, 2010 11:06 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:20 PM

All replies

• If you have attempted to install the product on the laptop and that is where you are getting the non-genuine message you need to post the results of the MGA Diagnostic report.  From there we may be able to help more.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 25, 2010 11:06 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:20 PM
  • Sorry, will do.

I'll get it later I am at work right now :-(

Monday, October 18, 2010 7:46 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, October 25, 2010 11:06 PM