removing URL from index... RRS feed

• Question

• We have removed a page from our site so that it now returns a 404, but the page stil shows up in searches. How can we remove it from the Live Search cache?

Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is there a logical page you could redirect to?  Rather than lose the potential search link, it seems to me it would be preferrable to keep the link but redirect to another page.  Unless, of course, the redirect would be misleading.

... Duane

Thursday, November 27, 2008 3:13 PM
  • The problem is that Live Search has the old page in its cache and I want to remove all traces of the page. I have made several posts to this forum and sent emails to all of the addresses suggested, but the Live Search support staff seem to be studiously ignoring my requests. No wonder Google is eating Microsoft's lunch....

Thursday, December 4, 2008 8:11 AM
  • I too would love to remove 20 dead urls and not make up 20 redirect pages. Google does it. Yahoo says they do it, you enter in the ones you want gone, and they never do it. At least Yaohoo offers.
    Monday, December 8, 2008 8:36 PM
  • Hi please use the form located athttps://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlsearchcontentremoval&ct=eformts to request URL removals.

Thank you,

Brett

Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:00 PM
  • Clicking on this link takes you to a Outlook Web Access login page.  Is there any PUBLIC way to request a URL removal?
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:08 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry about that. I've verified the link is correct now.

Brett

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 7:45 PM