none
What email is proper? RRS feed

• Question

• I may register an exam this month or next month. For the professionalism reason, I want to use my company's email as it is a MSDN Subscriber. Is that okay? The concern is if I change my career, I am not sure whether this microsoft email will expire or not. Because I may continue take exams in new company and I have to use new MSDN subscriber email.. I want to make the certification consistent.
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:03 PM

Answers

• I recommend that you use your personal email for registering for the exams. In this way, it will be less of a hassle if you ever change the company for which you work.

In the meantime, if your company needs to associate your certification (for instance, if they are MS partners and need a mínimum number of MCPs), they will use your MCID number, which is assigned to you when you pass your first exam. The email will be irrelevant, only the MCID is used for this purpose.

Something similar happens with MSDN subscriptions: You assign a LiveID to log-in as a MSDN subscriber. This can be any LiveID that they choose, there is no reason why it has to match the eMail that you used for taking a certification exam.

Friday, February 20, 2015 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It's a good thing that you are thinking about this. Your company is providing you with the chance to take an exam or at least provide you with the resources. They should get your loyalty for that. There is a but i think...

When i take exams i always use my personal email and my company is aware of that. They can take the credits for whatever program they might need it for such as a Gold Partner status or something like that. That's my return loyalty. I think that one should consider all options and one of them might be changing careers. At that point you don't want the hassle of changing email addresses or whatever. It works both ways, be honest and explain why you use your own mail. They can benefit as much as you do!

Just my 2cts...

Maurice

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. Thank You

Thursday, February 19, 2015 10:55 PM
  • I recommend that you use your personal email for registering for the exams. In this way, it will be less of a hassle if you ever change the company for which you work.

In the meantime, if your company needs to associate your certification (for instance, if they are MS partners and need a mínimum number of MCPs), they will use your MCID number, which is assigned to you when you pass your first exam. The email will be irrelevant, only the MCID is used for this purpose.

Something similar happens with MSDN subscriptions: You assign a LiveID to log-in as a MSDN subscriber. This can be any LiveID that they choose, there is no reason why it has to match the eMail that you used for taking a certification exam.

Friday, February 20, 2015 7:49 AM