CRM 4.0 Outlook Client in Outlook 2010 Beta? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to install the CRM outlook client if only Outlook 2010 Beta is installed? I read that upgrading an Outlook 2007 with the CRM client to 2010 works, so the 2010 version shouldn't be the problem, but I have a clean install with Office 2010 and now the installer says the Outlook version is not supported.
    Maybe there is a file / registry key that I can edit to let the installer think I have the correct Outlook version installed?
    Friday, November 20, 2009 4:41 PM

Answers

• http://bovoweb.blogspot.com/2009/10/ms-outlook-2010-and-dynamics-crm.html

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Hanno Z Friday, November 20, 2009 5:11 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Not supported
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, November 20, 2009 5:25 PM
  • I understand the frustration David.  We do have to take into consideration that this thread is referencing Beta product and Beta products have certain inherent scope so they will not always work with all products / versions.  Beta should not be used for production and should be managed carefully in a development environment according to the requirements of each Beta product (Readme, install docs, etc.)

From what I understand Office 64 bit will work with CRM 2011 which is due for release later this year or early next year.  You can obtain CRM 2011 Beta updates here.

Thank you

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, October 22, 2010 9:17 PM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 3:32 PM

All replies

• http://bovoweb.blogspot.com/2009/10/ms-outlook-2010-and-dynamics-crm.html

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Hanno Z Friday, November 20, 2009 5:11 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Thank you, that was just what I was looking for! However, I've installed the 64-bit Office, so it's still not going to work? The installation completes, but the configuration tool complains that Outlook is either not there, or not the default client.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 5:11 PM
  • Not supported
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, November 20, 2009 5:25 PM
  • Will 64-bit be supported in the near future?
    • Proposed as answer by MakPhil Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:58 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Saturday, February 20, 2010 10:01 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 8:56 PM
  • Will 64-bit be supported in the near future?

It would do well to hurry
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:29 PM
  • Its a bit crazy that since updating from the 32 bit Beta to our org's 64 bit office, I now can't use our CRM system properly e.g. associate emails with opportunities. Very bad for me and for our company.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:17 PM
  • Why is this becoming more and more of Microsoft's answer? It's not like anyone is asking Microsoft to be compatible with a 3rd party CRM.  Microsoft's CRM doesn't work with Microsoft's 64bit Outlook. Across the board Microsoft is having an issue with It's own software working with it's own Software. To compound the issue, Microsoft dodges questions like is there going to be a fix for this soon?
    David Kirk
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:22 PM
  • I understand the frustration David.  We do have to take into consideration that this thread is referencing Beta product and Beta products have certain inherent scope so they will not always work with all products / versions.  Beta should not be used for production and should be managed carefully in a development environment according to the requirements of each Beta product (Readme, install docs, etc.)

From what I understand Office 64 bit will work with CRM 2011 which is due for release later this year or early next year.  You can obtain CRM 2011 Beta updates here.

Thank you

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, October 22, 2010 9:17 PM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 3:32 PM
  • BETA nothing. CRM 4.0 does not work with the 64x Outlook Pro.  Not beta, not test environment.  If this was the first time I had run across this garbage it would be understandable, but in the last month I have come across 7 other instances where Microsoft doesn't work with Microsoft.  Forget the betas. But this is the usual tangent response I have always gotten from Microsoft. I have been dealing with You all since the days of Windows 3.0, and yes Microsoft had a short lived life of windows 3.0 which transformed into Windows 3.1 to 3.11.But yet, your response still dodges answering the question. Yet Microsoft solution to the problem is ?? ooohhh Yes, how could I have missed the typical response  CRM 2011.  Wait for who knows when, spend more $ and by the latest and greatest and Hope it works. Donna, Don't bother responding either.
    David Kirk
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:36 PM
  • Thank you for your feedback David. Judging by your new profile and three posts to date, you don't appear to have much experience on the Microsoft Forums. One of the things we would ask you is to be respectful in your responses. The language you have chosen to use mark you as a troll. I'm sure that is not your intent.
    CRM Community Guru and Saxophonist
    Friday, October 22, 2010 9:23 PM