Failed with Error 8004882D while renewing Monitoring Certs for User Lomyril RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows Live OneCare version 2.0.2392.4, with Virus and spyware definition version 1.22.3271.0 and firewall policy version 1.2.28.99.

My OneCare icon is in red status as I start up my computer, and it says I need to perform an important action. It will give me more details if I click the balloon.

I do that, and it brings up my OneCare screen.  The top area is shaded pink with an "Urgent" action to take.  It says I need to update my virus and spyware protection.  Yet, when I try to do that by clicking the Update button, it does say Onecare is checking for updates, but then a few seconds later is says it's unable to update.

When I check my OneCare logs, there is a line in there that says:

Failed with Error 8004882D while renewing Monitoring Certs for User Lomyril

I've followed some steps on some of the other web page links by making sure BITS is running, making sure the DLLs are registered, and I've even been able to confirm that I have a current subscription with Microsoft for OneCare.

I've submitted a service request to technical support just a few minutes ago, but there didn't seem to be anywhere on the web page I found that I'd be able to attach my OneCare log.  Until they get back with me, I don't know what else to do.
    Saturday, October 27, 2007 7:11 PM

Answers

All replies