Windows Live OneCare Activation: Step 1 Begin Session => Error Bad email or password. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have decided to install Windows Live OneCare on a second PC but I was unable to activate it, because in the step 1 of the activation process it tells me that my email or my password is wrong.

Of course my email is OK and the password is OK, I have verified that in the firts PC I used the same email address (@hotmail.com).

I already clean all the internet explorer cache, history, cokies, temp files, etc. and it does not make any difference when I try to activate OneCare.

I also created an alternate LiveID and then I can login successfully, but then it tells me that I have to write the 25 character product key and then it tells me that this product key has been used before with a different LiveID.

Sorry for my bad english. Have a nice day!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 12:33 AM

Answers

• Yes it works!, and of course there is something wrong in the Microsoft OneCare activation process.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 1:22 AM

All replies

• I will change my password to something simpler then I will try to activate OneCare again.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 12:55 AM
  • Yes it works!, and of course there is something wrong in the Microsoft OneCare activation process.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 1:22 AM
  • I'm glad you resolved this on your own. By the way, your English is perfect. :-)

There are two problems with activation in OneCare that may be what you encountered:

1. You must type the LiveID password into the form

2. The password must be shorter than 16 characters

-steve

Friday, March 7, 2008 8:58 PM