South Africa MCSE or MCITP? RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day to all,

I request guidance in terms of my academic direction, I currently reside in South Africa 22 years of age. I have recently completed my A+ & N+ Certification with CompTIA. I can’t decide which is best in terms of growth to my career, to start with MCITP as it is a upgrade course or MCSE as it is widely utilised in all current corporate environments. I acknowledge the noticeable yet I am still to grow in Job status. Will it be best to go ahead with MCITP knowing it might be implemented soon or MCSE as it is the current systems?

Regards,

Deevo

• Changed type Rubel Khan Monday, May 10, 2010 3:47 PM it's a question
    Friday, May 7, 2010 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Deevo99

If you come to South Africa, you can lookup Torque-IT. I would say that they are your best bet in providing you with exams and Instructor-led classes.

About MCSE or MCITP, I wouldn't be able to suggest either one above the other, if you can still do the MCSE, go for it. I am an MCSE, and if I'm not mistaken, you could then just do a few (much less than the original amount for MCSE) to "upgrade" to MCITP. Depending on which direction you choose to go in.

MCITP will not be a bad choice. BTW, if I'm not mistaken MCITP is allready implemented all over the world, but MCSE is still a valid certification.

• Proposed as answer by Werner Coetzee Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:17 PM
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:27 AM