Migrating to PP1 when it is released concerns and questions... RRS feed

• Question

•  

After doing a restore and clean install of PP1 I am up and running without any apparent issues. So far so good. My question is now that I am up and running and using my WHS with PP1 will I be able to migrate to the released version of PP1 from beta builds of PP1? If so will it require me to dump all of my files to an external drive, etc.? My experience so far with regards to upgrading has been not so good as I had to do a clean install of WHS and then apply PP1 which wasn't very user friendly.

Monday, June 23, 2008 1:36 PM

Answers

• You will need to manually uninstall the Beta/RC version of the Power Pack 1 update package, prior to the final build being able to be downloaded and installed via Windows Update.

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:24 PM

All replies

• From previous builds of PP1, it was just necessary to use Uninstall to remove the previous version prior to installing this current release. 

However, this is a Beta product, and the WHS Team did say that it shouldn't be used on a production server. Personally, I never run Beta software on a production unit and I certainly wouldn't then install the release version on a previous beta build. My view of a Server, is that the software has to be as reliable as possible; however, that is a personal choice.

Colin

Monday, June 23, 2008 4:51 PM
  • You will need to manually uninstall the Beta/RC version of the Power Pack 1 update package, prior to the final build being able to be downloaded and installed via Windows Update.

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:24 PM