Microsoft Essentials RRS feed

• Question

• I was recently reading an articles on the internet, about the best anti virus and was concerned about a comment on MSE,  that they do not fully cover malware and that they only cover recent ones??.  I know it is free, but I have personally have found it one of the best, it may slow the system down a bit but I found generally an excellent bit of software. I have several comps/laptops and all use MSE, I have used Norton, Avg and could not get on with them especially with all the pop ups. MSE is a bonus and if you are like me, just want things to run simply without all the jargon and techy stuff MSE is the one , but if it is true that MS is going to phase out MSE this would be a travesty for those people who cannot afford antivirus software, I know there are free ones available but what they don't say is there coverage is not as good as MSE, here's a list of best antiviruses,  an independent person,  1st Avast, 2nd Norton 3rd Avg 5th MSE.     Pcmag  1st Bitdefender 2nd Norton 3rd webroot.      makeuseof.com 1st MSE 2nd AVG 3rd AVIRA       all-internet-security.com  1st Trend 2nd Norton 3rd Panda. Yet Which Mag recommends MSE who can you believe. I hope MS can shed some light on these comments, I will still use it, and hope MS will continue with MSE and improve it ( without continual popups ) cheers   

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:30 PM

Answers