SharePoint 2010 Developer (70-573 & 70-576) RRS feed

• Question

• Good day, I need help please.

I posted a while back on getting Certified in SharePoint 2010 Developer (70-573 & 70-576).

I would like to know can i just do exam 70-576 and not 70-573 to get certified?

Does anyone have Videos / Virtual Machines Images / Virtual Labs for SharePoint 2010 Developer Certification Training.

I have some experience but would like to train from scratch following videos & virtual labs on Virtual Machines.

No training available in SA & online is only at work, therefore want material to study at home and would like to take the exams but need to learn via videos / labs / virtual labs / images to practise.

I found (Sharepoint 2010 Developer's Certification: Certification Toolkit for Exams 70-573 and 70-576) - can anyone create a virtual labs /videos simialr to the toolkit as i have no software at home i need the virtual labs & virtual machine images & videos.

Please I dont mind paying for the entire set of labs plus virtual image for me to become Sharepoint 2010 Developer and study at Home.

I'm eager to start learning from virtual labs & need help - Thank You

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• With regards to whether you can do 70-576 to get certified.  No, you need to do both exams to get MCPD: SharePoint Developer 2010.  You can do 70-573 to get the MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Application Development certification.

All the software you require can be downloaded as trial editions.

There is also a free training kit available from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/gg620703

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:38 AM
  • Thank You, what does 70-573 cover in terms of sharepoint development? and 70-576?

Reason being i believe these 2 exams have more to do with Visual Studio Development.

I'm no longer sure what exam i need to do as I want to get certified in Sharepoint Design, Workflows, PerformancePoint, DashBoards, Workspaces

or am i on the correct track of doing exam 70-573 only?

Secondly, Is it advisable to do 70-573 only

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:57 AM
  • Have a read of http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-573 and http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-576 to see what the exams cover.

You should sit both exms if you'd like to be a MCPD: SharePoint Developer 2010

Jeff Wharton

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:57 PM
  • Hi, I have read the Overview of both exams but I'm not sure if it's the correct exam for what i want to do.

I want a Certificate that Covers:  Sharepoint Design, Workflows, PerformancePoint, DashBoards, Workspaces and more, Not an exam that is heavily VS development.

If 70-573 covers what i want with limited VS then thats the way but I dont know.

Please help as i dont not want to take the incorrect course/training & exam

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:29 AM
  • Then you're not a developer.  You're an administrator.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-667

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-668

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:48 AM
  • Apologies for the annoying questions & Thank You for assisting,

I like the Sharepoint Developer more, what are the differences in certification compared to doing both (70-573 & 70-576) to only doing 70-573?

70-576 is a Pro Certification, does 70-573 also constitute as a Sharepoint 2010 Developer (MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Application Development)?

Would doing 70-573 be enough to be seen as a Sharepoint 201 developer?

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:07 PM
  • Apologies for the annoying questions & Thank You for assisting,

I like the Sharepoint Developer more, what are the differences in certification compared to doing both (70-573 & 70-576) to only doing 70-573?

70-576 is a Pro Certification, does 70-573 also constitute as a Sharepoint 2010 Developer (MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Application Development)?

Would doing 70-573 be enough to be seen as a Sharepoint 201 developer?

MCTS certifications mean that you have an understanding of a technology while MCPD certifications mean that you have a deeper knowledge of a technology.

IMOA, having a MCTS certification is not sufficient to be recognised as a developer.

Jeff Wharton

• Proposed as answer by vijay sathe Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:10 PM
  • Thank You for clearing that up, Does MCTS certifications have any weight in the Job Market?

I'm trying to look for other exams or compare the two Administrator VS Developer as i now not sure what is best suited for me or marketable.

The Administrator looks more as one that manages the Sharepoint Site and Developer looks more as extending the site capabilities via C#.

Please ease my mind & direct me here, what i'm looking for is a certification that covers me to be able to design, workflows, performance point, a portion of development.

Basically a certification that covers a bit of both site admin & development, is this possible?

As i'm only starting out with Sharepoint, i guess the 70-573 (MCTS) is more the way to go but it covers development only and not to sure about the weight of MCTS

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:21 PM
  • I spoke with Manager and 70-573 not what we looking for in a course: 10175A: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development (5 Days)

as the VS is to low level as the company wont be going that direction, manager said i have to look more into something that covers Sharepoint Designing so that i can get an overview of all incl performance point - something more on the high level.

VS is to low level, please assist on course & exam for Sharepoint Designing giving an overview of all covering everything on High level - i would like to have a feel for everything/components/tools (performance point).

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:43 PM
  • As per my previous post

You're not a developer then. You're an administrator.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-667

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-668

Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by Ismailc Friday, July 15, 2011 6:37 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:53 AM
  • Thank You Very Much, very grateful for your patience & knowledge.

Do you perhaps know where I can get a free training kit  for Sharepoint Administrator (70-667 & 70-668) or labs?

I'm leaning towards the Developer as it has designing incl as well, as I think it's better than being an Administrator, Thoughts on this please?

Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:32 AM
  • Thank You Very Much Jeff Wharton, I will do the Administrator Certification.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 6:37 AM
  • Ismailc,

Did you find any training material for exam 70-667? Can you please share it here?

Thanks

Friday, July 15, 2011 4:33 PM
  • Hi,

No, i have not started - i only decided which direction to go.

Regards

Monday, July 18, 2011 7:38 AM