multilingual website in asp .net using unicode. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear sir,

I just want to create a website which support multiple languages. I want to develop this website without using the Google translator and asp .net resource file.

I am trying it using Unicode concept. 

Language should be changed according to the selected language and the input by the user should be according to selected language.

Please help sir..

Thank you in advance..

• Moved by Fred Bao Monday, January 19, 2015 9:46 AM Web Development Related
    Saturday, January 10, 2015 9:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• I think you have some misconception.

Unicode is a generic code page that enable you to display characters in most language in single code page, thus make writing code to display multiple language simpler. It does not involve translation so you will still need a mapping/translation engine to do what you want.

Monday, January 12, 2015 6:20 AM
  • Dear sir,

Then how can I develop a multilingual website. 

Please suggest me a good efficient and easy way to develop a multilingual website.

Monday, January 12, 2015 7:34 AM
  • You've listed out the options.

If you don't care much about the accuracy of translated text, choose between the translation engines (Google, Microsoft Bing, or else) if you want to save yourself from line to line translation. If you need precise translation, go for the local resource file route. (The resource file is just XML file, that you should be able to extract the text and find others to translate.)

If you're creating Open Source project, you may also release your translation file(s) and ask for contributors to translate it for you. (Applications like Notepad++ or BitComet, to name a few examples, goes for this route)

• Edited by cheong00 Monday, January 12, 2015 8:51 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2015 8:49 AM
  • Please suggest some links.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Emmm... You should be able to search it by yourself.

Google Translate:
    http://support.jimdo.com/tutorials/apps-and-plugins/how-to-add-google-translate-to-your-website/

Bing Translate:
    http://www.microsoft.com/web/solutions/mstranslator.aspx

Just copy the code in "Copy the code" steps to your master page and all your pages should be served by the translator.

• Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Monday, January 19, 2015 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:26 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:06 AM
  • Thank You Sir..

Please suggest me the links for the other option also(for multilingual without translator api)

Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:58 AM
  • http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fw69ke6f(v=vs.140).aspx

Just send the resulting resx file(s) out for others (paid or not) to translate it for you.

• Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Monday, January 19, 2015 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:26 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:36 AM