Map Drive Troubleshoot issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i have an vista map drive z and i want to add it to new xp home edition computer. the purpose of the map drive is to access folder from vista to xp machine. The map drive that was already created and connect to an old xp machine. I am trying to create an map drive on the new xp machine. i did an ping on the the xp machine and vista profile was visable and active.

How can I add the current map drive created on the vista connect and be accessed on to the new xp machine?
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:09 PM forum consolidation (From:Networking)
    Friday, March 11, 2011 3:31 AM

All replies

• Hi jimw81,

Just to make things clear, you are about to map a drive that is shared in a vista PC to a xp PC, is that correct? if its correct you have to this things for you to be able to MAP a drive.

go to RUN and type the computer name of the vista machine or the IP address of the machine. just make sure that the folder you want to MAP is already shared.

after you type the computer name or the ip address, your suppose to see the folder that is shared to the PC, right click on that folder and you will see a option there that MAP network drive.

Hopes this helps.

Lester Aldwin

• Proposed as answer by Lester Aldwin Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:36 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:32 PM