Cannot share printer RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm having a problem sharing my printer between two PCs in my Onecare circle. Note that I think this is a problem that is somewhat deeper than WLOC, but I figured that since I've tried printer sharing with WLOC and it failed, I'd gie it a shot here first. I did try and use the Tech support Chat, but this problem flummoxed the technician.

I turn on Printer sharing on the PC (A31) owning the printer (Canon) and everything seems hunky-dory. When I go to the other PC (P850), it says it has toruble connecting to A31. The message is "OneCare cannot connect to the remote PC."

When I open a command window and look at NET VIEW, I can see both PCs. When I open my network Neighborhood Folder and click on the link to browse PCs in this workgroup, I can see both PCs. However, if I click on the icon for A31, I am presented with a pop-up that requires me to sign in. Since I have no idea what to sign in with, I have never managed to get past this stage to look at what is shared. My userid A31/Mike doesn't have a password on the A31 PC,so I don't know what to enter when prompted.

Does anyone have any ideas or can recommend an appropriate forum to pursue this further?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 8:13 PM

Answers