Exchange autodiscover SRV RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello friends!

I read somthing about the possibility to create an SRV record for the autodiscover service used by outlook as long as the correct patch is applied. This would eliminate the need of using SAN on the exchange certifcate..

My question is if the communicator client will be able to use this record as well?

Rgrds

Henrik

Sunday, December 2, 2007 1:12 PM

All replies

• Take a look at the Edge Deployment guide, it covers the external SRV records that you'd need to create for Communicator client connections and open Federation. 

It's not the same record that Exchange uses.

Sunday, December 2, 2007 3:59 PM
  •  

Hi Jeff!

As always, thanks for a very fast reply!!

yes I know about those tls srv records and we have thos record configured and autologon works. But in our case we get an error in our communicator that says that it cannot locate the webservices when we connect from an external source and this is probably since our Internal IT staff not configured the external dns with the autodiscover.domain.com..

Thats why I asked about this SRV record for outlook if this will affect the communicator as well to help it locate the webservices component.

HenrikR

Sunday, December 2, 2007 4:32 PM
  • I'm not sure what 'unable to locate webservices is specifically pertaining to.

Do you have the exact error message?

Sunday, December 2, 2007 7:13 PM
  •  

It says the following:

Communicator could not locate the locate of your exchange web services.

Your calander information and out of office may may not be available...

-HenrikR

Monday, December 3, 2007 9:38 AM
  •  

Make sure you add the certificate that Exchagne Server makes to the Trusted Root Auth on the OCS client machine.

You can export it from IIS

regards

Adrian

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:39 AM