none
Windows AppFabric 1.1 Configuration queries and errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are working on web application development (.net 4.6.1) and SQL DB.

Thought is to use Windows AppFabric for Session data store(caching management).

I have few queries related to AppFabric. I have installed & configured in Development environment but I not sure those configuration are correct and need some details so that I can decide how better I can manage it for further environments. Queries are as below.

• How can I use SQL authentication while configuring AppFabric DB, it only takes Windows authentication mode.
    • Where does it stores Caching data, in SQL DB or somewhere else
    • What is advisable to save DB? In same server where tool(AppFabric) is installed or it should be part of DB Server
    • What are commands to clear information stored in caching and other commands with administration
    • Can I use AppFabric from any domain or will it be in same domain only where AppFabric is installed
      • Currently AppFabric installed in one domain with SQL DB on same machine , now when team from other domain tries to access it, giving error
        • Configuration Error
        • Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ErrorCode<ERRCA0017>:SubStatus<ES0006>:There is a temporary failure. Please retry later. (One or more specified cache servers are unavailable, which could be caused by busy network or servers. For on-premises cache clusters, also verify the following conditions. Ensure that security permission has been granted for this client account, and check that the AppFabric Caching Service is allowed through the firewall on all cache hosts. Also the MaxBufferSize on the server must be greater than or equal to the serialized object size sent from the client.) Source Error:

Line 283:      <providers>

Line 284:        <add name="AppFabricCacheSessionStoreProvider"

Line 285:             type="Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCacheSessionStoreProvider, Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.Client, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral"

Line 286:             cacheName="RUD_Internal"

Line 287:             sharedId="SharedApp"/>

Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:14 AM

Answers

All replies