WorkflowProperties.Originator is always = System Account whomever is initiation the Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

am currently developing  a sequential SharePoint 2010 workflow that works on project server 2010 EPT, i have one problem with the WorkflowProperties is that the WorkflowProperties.Originator is always equal to the system account no matter who was the real initiator.

i know that the workflow run with system account privilege but i need to find a way to get the real initiator of the workflow, i even tried to to get the SPContext.Current but it returns null.

thanks in advance

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

i figured out a way, to get the initiator in the first step, it can be captured as the project author.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Hisham, I don't know of a workaround to this.  Looking at other similar posts even outside of the Project Server environment it can be an issue.  Some posters have created their own fields and captured the details rather than relying on the initiator which as you have seen will always be the system account.

Best regards,

Brian Smith

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Friday, January 4, 2013 7:53 PM
  • Hi,

i figured out a way, to get the initiator in the first step, it can be captured as the project author.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:03 PM