Looking to buy a CD key online RRS feed

• Question

• I read the article recently posted in MaximumPC about creating a Win Home Server, and so far, it is GREAT and i want it in full not just trial! however, i am living overseas and dont want to wait the 1-2 weeks for a DVD/CD to come in the mail over an APO address... plus, with the downloading, there is no need to have a CD... just the Key... Is there a way to purchase this online and receive a CD key in an email or something like that? or am i SOL and need to buy and wait for shipment?
    • Edited by Norcalsteve22 Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:18 PM miss spelled title
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:18 PM

All replies

• I read the article recently posted in MaximumPC about creating a Win Home Server, and so far, it is GREAT and i want it in full not just trial! however, i am living overseas and dont want to wait the 1-2 weeks for a DVD/CD to come in the mail over an APO address... plus, with the downloading, there is no need to have a CD... just the Key...
    Is there a way to purchase this online and receive a CD key in an email or something like that? or am i SOL and need to buy and wait for shipment?
    It doesn't matter because the eval version you downloaded from MS is not upgradable to a fully licensed version anyway.  You need both the DVD and the key.
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 10:59 PM