Why do WE have to continually verify, validate, activate and reactivate MS products on our time ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'd like to know why Microsoft forces us  to verify, activate and reactivate time after time, over and over and over with no end in sight ?   I agree MS has the right to protect their software but since I bought the rights to use it, I shouldn't be forced to verify that it's theirs time after time with no end in sight.  I don't think it's right that I should have to call some guy in India, who, if I can't understand, I'll have to call back and hope to get somebody who I can understand,  then go through some ridiculous 42 digit procedure.    It's time that Microsoft's guru's that know all and can do all, came up with a way of securing their software which doesn't force me to go through this.  Time for somebody to start on developing a new way of doing this as there are ways and it's time they used one of them.   If Microsoft can't find a way of looking after their security issues than forcing me to handle them, I won't be buying anymore MS Products.   I'd like an honest reply to this question as I feel I deserve one, so please stop moving my post as avoiding the question is not being responsible.
    • Changed type Carl-S Friday, October 3, 2008 4:48 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 3:14 PM

All replies

• I'm sorry to say that by the looks of it, 'speak to us' doesn't mean anybody from MS will actually speak to you/us?! I agree with you on the above 100%, and no more MS for me in future either. I have already commented on this elsewher, I I will definetly not be nagged by MS any longer, after paying a lot of money for my PC at the time. If they checked once fine otherwise this borders on harrassment.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:14 AM
  • I also agree with you. Especially because I received an alert saying I had MS updates...so I was going to install it until I realized what it is. I have already validated my copy of Windows and I don't like the implication that because they, "MS," want to end software piracy, the people who have real copies are the ones that have to continually prove that they are good boys and girls and not stealing software. It's rather insulting...but then if you don't install this check on you your computer, then they will think we did pirate the software and will harass us paying customers even more. I'm tired of giving Bill all my cash for operating systems that require so many validations..and updates for that matter.

Thanks for starting this thread and givving me a place to vent!!

Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:10 AM