How do I remove cached pages in msn live search immediately (Urgent) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using webmaster.live.com beta and I was able to authenticate my site.  I have about 41 cached pages from msn live search which I want to remove immediately for legal concerns.  I have already updated my site for these pages and I also added the nocache/noarchive meta tags.   But I don't want to wait til the next crawl to have these cached pages removed.

Can Microsoft point me in the right direction?

Note that Google and Yahoo webmaster tools allow you to specify specific URLs to remove cached pages immediately, is this supported by msn webmaster tool?

Ant

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:46 PM

Answers

• Sorry about the delay.  Send me the list of pages you are concerned about at lswmp at microsoft dot com.   I will look for your mail there.   I will work with you ofline to see what we can do to help.

Cheers

Jeremiah

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:44 AM

All replies

•  

Ok, it's been two days and I don't see any reply.  Let me reiterate my questions.  How do I remove or how do I request MSN to remove pages cached by msn live search? 

Quite frankly, I think by default all search engine should NOT cache/archive any web page content.  The reason is that even if webmaster made changes, cached pages still hang out until the next crawl.  This is just not right.  As webmaster, we should have complete control of our web content.  Not individual search engines. 

Ant

Friday, December 21, 2007 7:23 AM
  • Hi there,

You can request site or web page removal from Live Search Site Owner Support (http://g.live.com/0HE_TRACKSTAR_ENUS9/91006). They've usually answered my requests in one business day. Hopefully you'll get help from there.

Regards,

Thomas
    Friday, December 21, 2007 1:08 PM
  • Sorry about the delay.  Send me the list of pages you are concerned about at lswmp at microsoft dot com.   I will look for your mail there.   I will work with you ofline to see what we can do to help.

Cheers

Jeremiah

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:44 AM
  • I've got the same problem, internet privacy court case coming up and I need to hide some private info before defendent is served court papers. Already removed from web, but search cache still displays it. Got Google cache cleaned up with their tools, but don't see how to do this with Live. I've spend a lot of time trying get help through feedback forms, but haven't connect with anybody yet. Tried the email above but it bounced.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:00 PM