To The Moderator RRS feed

All replies

• Hello,

Sorry to hear this.

Being a moderator does not allow me to ban someone, only a higher level forum moderator can ban someone which I would report this to them and is a) under extreme circumstances b) usually takes considerable time.

Even when banning a member they can come back under a new profile which many do like one currently in another of these forums.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, March 17, 2019 7:16 PM
  • Hi Karen:

Well I would appreciate if you would get a higher up person to do this

because it makes it so hard when you are trying to get help and someone

like him just tries to berate you. As you know it is hard to get help from

support since a lot of them give wrong answers, send your call to a wrong

department, give you phone numbers that are out of service etc.

I am having a problem with my VB2017. I apparently downloaded an "evaluation"

version of "2017 Reporting Services" rather than a free version. Now I

can't run the setup to get the free version. I have no hope of ever getting this

working again. I am just a hobbyist but I have been an MS customer since

1985 and I think that someone should be able to help me with this.

Sunday, March 17, 2019 7:30 PM
  • Karen:

Now you can see what this "sick" person is doing. It started with my first post some years ago

and it continues. 

Sunday, March 17, 2019 9:10 PM
  • This thread is now locked and will be reviewed by global moderator. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, March 17, 2019 9:21 PM
  • Yup. We're reviewing it.

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:38 AM
    Owner
  • I'm unlocking to get more info. 

Developer Dude, do you have some example links? I found some rude posts in this thread, but no others yet.

For example, here is an incredibly helpful post from DA924x:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/8b3d4c2a-928a-42cd-a0d1-e6dd7380aca5/when-using-static-classes-or-function-and-why-?forum=csharpgeneral#996cbbc3-16b2-42d5-a1e7-69b2f1d1ab07

DA924x, you've been a powerful contributor to this community. We greatly value your contributions. I understand your frustration that someone is asking to ban you without linking to the proof of you being rude. However, your responses were rude in this thread. I deleted them, as they break the terms of use. Please don't call someone names, make fun of their user name, and mock their abilities. If that behavior continues, it will result in getting banned (but I'm hoping that won't be necessary, as that would be a horrible way to thank you for all your help in the community). That mentioned, you're right that there is nothing here that proves it to be true, but your harsh responses in this thread imply that it might be true.

Yes, being accused in general can also be rude, so let's deal with that in a polite manner and figure out what's actually happening. If it's nothing, then that will become obvious.

Developer Dude, you mentioned that DA924x is "sick." Please don't call anyone names. Allow us to see the behavior for ourselves.

Thank you!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:52 AM
    Owner
  • For what it's worth, DA924 is brilliant, and while he may not be the most tactful person in the world, he is an asset to this forum, if you ban his account, please ban mine as well.

Thanks

Live as if you were going to die today, learn as if you were going to live forever -Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 1:22 AM
  • DA924x, do you have the thread link that you mentioned?

I'm sorry that your accounts were banned. You've been a great contributor. Our only ask is that you don't call people names and mock them.

I went through a bunch of your posts, and I don't see any name calling or mocking. You're professional, respectful, and very helpful. I only saw name-calling and mocking in this thread. It seems you might only do that when provoked.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:48 AM
    Owner
  • For what it's worth, DA924 is brilliant, and while he may not be the most tactful person in the world, he is an asset to this forum, if you ban his account, please ban mine as well.

Thanks

Live as if you were going to die today, learn as if you were going to live forever -Mahatma Gandhi

This is helpful, Gtripodi. I agree that DA924 is a very valuable contributor.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:50 AM
    Owner
  • Impossible, he has given me endless not so nice names in past but whatever, it is a forum give people the freedom to show their feelings, you cannot see their faces. 

I do not like Cor never have and never will like the man, because he is very deceptive, dubious and with fake intentions, when his main goal is to provoke people and stab people in the back.

I have seen him attack and provoke people,  and he has attacked and provoked me on numerous occasions. Therefore,  he has gotten the cold and nasty reception he has gotten from me every time he encounters me. I cannot stand the man. 

Cor is a very devious and deceptive person. He attacks people, and then he deletes his thread making him look like the choir-boy when he is far from that. 

I see Cor come into a thread I am posting in and talks about me, my blood boils every time I see him. There is one other person,  a moderator , that thinks he is Jesus that I cannot stand either. It has been my responses to Cor alone I feel has gotten me banned a couple of times as he provokes.

I have seen Cor provoke people or try to,  and they have turned on him and given him a piece of their mind as to what they think of him and his comments.  They may not have responded back to him as nasty as I have done and may not have been as nasty as I can be, becuase I'll talk about your mama and your dog too when given the chance, and  I am provoked.

I have been on the good-foot basically since 2016, but this [edited] VB forum is at it again.  

Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:13 PM

• I have been on the good-foot basically since 2016, but this [edited] VB forum is at it again.  

Hi

So, you are now blaming the entire forum!

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:19 PM

• I have been on the good-foot basically since 2016, but this [edited] VB forum is at it again.  

Hi

So, you are now blaming the entire forum!

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Yeah I am, becuase I post in about 15 other forums,  and this is the only one where posters have their butts high up on their backs and their noses in the air thinking they are all that. 

Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:33 PM
  • Yeah I am, becuase I post in about 15 other forums,  and this is the only one where posters have their butts high up on their backs and their noses in the air thinking they are all that. 

That is just BS trying to blame everyone on the VB forum for the actions of a few that you don't get along with.  If you really think we are all such rude know-it-all jerks here on the VB forum,  then just don't post in the VB forum anymore and the whole problem would be solved.  Seems pretty simple to me.  8)

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Thursday, April 4, 2019 8:21 PM
  • Yeah I am, becuase I post in about 15 other forums,  and this is the only one where posters have their butts high up on their backs and their noses in the air thinking they are all that. 

That is just BS trying to blame everyone on the VB forum for the actions of a few that you don't get along with.  If you really think we are all such rude know-it-all jerks here on the VB forum,  then just don't post in the VB forum anymore and the whole problem would be solved.  Seems pretty simple to me.  8)

Basically, I ignore all of you in the first place, like I do in all the other forums. You're the ones with your hearts on your sleeves not me, like you are doing right now. I am going to come to this forum and post to those I can post to and help ignoring the rest of you like I always do. 

Yeah, it is simple. I'll stay in my lane, and the rest of you stay in yours, becuase I am not here to make friends or make relationships online. This is not Facebook.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 8:33 PM
  • Why is DAX924x allowed to be a member in this community. He has

absolutely no respect for anyone. It is time that he is banned!

IMHO this should have been taken offline after the initial post.  If you have an issue with someone click the Report as abuse.

Search Documentation

SerialPort Info

Multics - An OS ahead of its time.

 "Those who use Application.DoEvents have no idea what it does

    and those who know what it does never use it."    former MSDN User JohnWein

Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:01 PM
  • Why is DAX924x allowed to be a member in this community. He has

absolutely no respect for anyone. It is time that he is banned!

IMHO this should have been taken offline after the initial post.  If you have an issue with someone click the Report as abuse.

Search Documentation

SerialPort Info

Multics - An OS ahead of its time.

 "Those who use Application.DoEvents have no idea what it does

    and those who know what it does never use it."    former MSDN User JohnWein

I agree. The moderator should have just left it alone. The investigation was done, there was no collusion (Trump), and this thing should have died and not brought back to life where Cor my enemy could put in his $ .2 cents.
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:26 PM

Basically, I ignore all of you in the first place, like I do in all the other forums. You're the ones with your hearts on your sleeves not me, like you are doing right now. I am going to come to this forum and post to those I can post to and help ignoring the rest of you like I always do. 

Yeah, it is simple. I'll stay in my lane, and the rest of you stay in yours, becuase I am not here to make friends or make relationships online. This is not Facebook.

Yes,  I agree this is not facebook,  and that I am not searching for friends either.  Normally I do stay in my own lane on the forum and try not to insult everyone at the same time.  Oh well,  it didn't ruin my day.  I'll just put it back in drive and continue on down my lane now.   8)

• Edited by IronRazerz Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:00 PM
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:56 PM
  • Impossible, he has given me endless not so nice names in past but whatever, it is a forum give people the freedom to show their feelings, you cannot see their faces. 

I do not like Cor never have and never will like the man, because he is very deceptive, dubious and with fake intentions, when his main goal is to provoke people and stab people in the back.

I have seen him attack and provoke people,  and he has attacked and provoked me on numerous occasions. Therefore,  he has gotten the cold and nasty reception he has gotten from me every time he encounters me. I cannot stand the man. 

Cor is a very devious and deceptive person. He attacks people, and then he deletes his thread making him look like the choir-boy when he is far from that. 

I see Cor come into a thread I am posting in and talks about me, my blood boils every time I see him. There is one other person,  a moderator , that thinks he is Jesus that I cannot stand either. It has been my responses to Cor alone I feel has gotten me banned a couple of times as he provokes.

I have seen Cor provoke people or try to,  and they have turned on him and given him a piece of their mind as to what they think of him and his comments.  They may not have responded back to him as nasty as I have done and may not have been as nasty as I can be, becuase I'll talk about your mama and your dog too when given the chance, and  I am provoked.

I have been on the good-foot basically since 2016, but this chicken-shit VB forum is at it again.  

Yea, I deleted my message this time again. It was meant for the moderator who can see it still.

It was positive meant about you, but you have the attitude to see everything as personal attack. The parts which you can use, you are always quoting in your messages. Therefore don't hide yourself behind that. 

These accusations make little sense by the way. The moderators can always see what I wrote and I never got any message that it did something against the rules of conduct all the years I was active. 

However, I try to write straight what I know. I live in a culture were was the first freedom of speech. Maybe is that a problem for you. 

Sorry, I never change that. 

Success
    Cor

Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:04 PM
  • Cor, I have nothing to say to you, nothing.
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 11:05 PM

• IMHO this should have been taken offline after the initial post.  If you have an issue with someone click the Report as abuse

Dbasnett, fair enough. That's actually what KarenInstructor did. And she was right to do so.

I unlocked it to see if I could get any proof of the original accusation. I did not. I did my own digging, and I really don't see rude comments from anyone, including DA924x, on any threads. I believe that several of you have been frustrated with each other. When provoked, you show that frustration. That's bound to happen. 

But you all are also great about helping people who need help. And that makes all of you amazing assets to our community! Thank you for that. Personally, I've voted and proposed answers from all of you, including DA924x and Cor (Cor I've gone to bat for a few times) and I greatly value your contributions. 

I agree that you just do your best to swim in your own lanes and to ignore each other, even when you frustrate each other. It's not clean or perfect, but life is a little messy, and that's perfectly fine.

I'm locking this thread again. We also moved this to the Off Topic forum (since it's not about VB). Thank you all for explaining this situation better. We appreciate it.

Friday, April 5, 2019 1:58 AM
    Owner
  • Cor, I didn't catch what you meant about deleting a stickied thread. Can you send me a message on Skype if you need help or moderator permissions? My profile is live:edwardnprice on Skype. Thanks!

Friday, April 5, 2019 2:02 AM
    Owner