none
Blogs from Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• -->Please also realize that it's not only Forums that feeds into the recognition system now - it's blogs, wikis, and galleries (with more applications to come) and those could be contributing to others with their points totals.

Hi Sean

I got the above point from one of your reply to recognition points problem by a user. 

I am particularly intrested to know about blogs, is microsoft is also supporting some site for creating a new blog for a user. 

If so where and how I can log in and create one....

Thanks

Surendra

Nothing is Permanent... even Knowledge....
    My Blog
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:00 PM

Answers

• The blogs referred to in the post are the MSDN and TechNet Blogs. Authoring content for those blogs is still only for Microsoft Employees. The only official blog platform I know at Microsoft that takes community contributions is weblogs.asp.net but it must be on the ASP.Net technology and it requires approval.

On the MSDN/TechNet blogs you can receive recognition for your comments and rating of articles.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:24 PM

All replies

• The blogs referred to in the post are the MSDN and TechNet Blogs. Authoring content for those blogs is still only for Microsoft Employees. The only official blog platform I know at Microsoft that takes community contributions is weblogs.asp.net but it must be on the ASP.Net technology and it requires approval.

On the MSDN/TechNet blogs you can receive recognition for your comments and rating of articles.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:24 PM
  • I can understand the concerns with trying to maintain and manage a blog for non-MS people.  The Official Scripting Guys Blog features fairly regular articles by "guest bloggers", that give non-MS people an opportunity to present material in that venue.  I don't know if or how those contributions are counted in the recognition system, but maybe it might be something to consider for at least some of the other blogs.
    [string](0..33|%{[char][int](46+("686552495351636652556262185355647068516270555358646562655775 0645570").substring(($_*2),2))})-replace " "
    Friday, July 29, 2011 12:25 AM
  • I had the same question what Suredra raised and Sean answered it. Thanks for the question and answer too. :-)

I am not a MS guy so, I should continue with my own blog(http://techibee.com)

Thanks,

Sitaram Pamarthi

Blog : http://techibee.com

Follow on Twitter

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or gurentees,and confers no rights

Friday, July 29, 2011 4:56 AM