MIssing folders from my PUBLIC drive on WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Win XP Pro on my main system. I had created a W: drive to access my PUBLIC folder on WHS. I then created folders on that drive and have been using those drives without any problem. However, today I tried to access some subfolders under a main folder on the W: drive and all of the subfolders are gone. I have other folders on that drive that also have subfolders and all of those are still there and there is no problem with them.  I also discovered that those folders on WHS are apparently not backed up, which I was not aware of.

Can anyone tell me what may have happened and if there is a way to recover those missing sub folders?
    Monday, January 25, 2010 3:49 PM

Answers

• The folders you have created are on the Server so they will not be backed up with your client machine backup.  If you delete the folder on one client computer then it will be seen as deleted on all other clients that use that share.

You might be lucky and be able to return to a previous version of the folders if you have previous versions turned on.  Try right clicking on the Public Folder and see if you can revert to a version which has the folders you wanted to find.
    --
    Monday, February 1, 2010 12:11 PM