Controlling Per User Peer-To-Peer IP Audio and Video RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am looking at which options exist to control whether users can use IP (computer-to-computer) audio and video. I have 3 questions.

There is one basic setting in AD for OCS 2007 users: Enable PC-to-PC communication, which seems to be an all-or-nothing setting: when this is enabled, users get the ability to IM (and Presence), and do peer-to-peer IP Audio and Video.

1) Is there any way to control the ability to do peer-to-peer audio and video per user?

2) Likewise, is there any additions ways to control the peer-to-peer IP audio and video usage through the edge (i.e. communicating with a Remote user)?

It looks like the Communicator 2007 Group Policy can be used at the client level, but I am looking for something on the server level.

3) I am also assuming that once a 3rd party is invited, the call because a "meeting", and the ability to do IP audio and video is controlled through the Meeting Policy settings?

Thanks,
    Curtis

Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:08 PM

All replies

• 1) You have to do that via Group Policy on the client

2) No, you can only configure a user to allow remote access or not, otherwise you need group policies

3) The ability for IP audio and Video is only for organiser and if you join no policies are evaluated

Friday, July 18, 2008 3:23 PM
  • Curtis,

It is actually possible to do what you require using a Server side SIP filter. Using this filter you can actually specify policies on peer - peer audio/video. I have a prototype working version of such a filter. I believe this filter will suit your purposes. You can e-mail me at arunragh@unifysquare.com and I can set this up for you.

Friday, July 25, 2008 4:44 AM
  • Hi Arun,

Could you please share the same process?

Regards,
    R. Kinker
    MCSE 2003 (Messaging), MCTS - LCS 2005, MCTS - OCS 2007
    http://www.ocspedia.com
    http://www.itcentrics.com/LCS_Home.htm
    Friday, July 25, 2008 5:41 AM