One Care Still Poking My Linksys Router RRS feed

• General discussion

• Onecare been poking My router 55 attempts remote web access denied invalid password I wish that feature was gone My router has enough issues with my ISP It doesn't need any Onecares Help.

The Problem is it's a Denial of Service attack from windows Live One Care. It's a Violation of the telecom Privacy act of 2006.

It performs what ever that does brings my router to it's knees screwing up my xbox live Gaming and Media Center Activity and so on. Linksys nat and other security measures treats the Issue as a Violation and locks the router down thus no internet access. It took a factory reset of my router to stop Onecares attack upon it. If it's not fixed soon I will be filing a formal complant which I've already made support aware of this.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:36 PM

All replies

• I believe that many others will agree with you about the fact that this needs to be configurable by the user. On the other hand, I can't imagine why OneCare has to repeatedly poke the router as if something is going to be changing that often. I can see a once daily poke, perhaps to check, but repeatedly? Yes, I suggest complaining formally, Mikro.

-steve

Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:58 PM
  •  Mikro wrote:

Onecare been poking My router 55 attempts remote web access denied invalid password I wish that feature was gone My router has enough issues with my ISP It doesn't need any Onecares Help.

The Problem is it's a Denial of Service attack from windows Live One Care. It's a Violation of the telecom Privacy act of 2006.

It performs what ever that does brings my router to it's knees screwing up my xbox live Gaming and Media Center Activity and so on. Linksys nat and other security measures treats the Issue as a Violation and locks the router down thus no internet access. It took a factory reset of my router to stop Onecares attack upon it. If it's not fixed soon I will be filing a formal complant which I've already made support aware of this.

Thanks for pointing this out Mikro.

I had the same issue, had to reset my router (Linksys), which led to all kinds of re-setting of One Care.

1. new key
    2. reset the network name, I have 3 computers
    3. forgetting to reset the network name on all computes, caused me to have all kinds of printer issues, I knew I had to reset the network/group name since this is the second time I had to reset the router.

Thanks

Mike

Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:29 PM
  •  

I sicked Lela on it Intruder tracking Onecare attempts this'll be interesting
    Saturday, October 18, 2008 5:44 AM
  • Hey check this out Here's One care poking my router

Turns out both pc running one care are poking my router that's why so many logged entries

Sunday, October 19, 2008 7:15 PM