none
FileSync: Build MetaData store before first sync RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking into using the Sync 2.0 FileSync functionality.  The one issue I have right now is the length of time it is taking to get the initial sync completed.  The first time I try to sync files between our two servers, it is take over 3 hours to sync abount 150MB of data.  The servers are not in the same data center, as a result the bandwidth between them is limited, and not dedicate.

Is there a way to build an initial metadata store based upon the files already present on each server?  Then use these stores to keep the servers in sync going forward.

thanks

Saturday, July 3, 2010 1:17 AM

All replies

• have you tried configuring the File sync options for ExplicitDetectChanges and explicitly calling DetectChanges without synchronizing to populate the sync metadata (check out How to: Synchronize Files by Using Managed Code in the documentation for a sample on how to do this.)
    Monday, July 5, 2010 8:41 AM
  • JuneT:

Thanks, I will give that a try.  I was working off the sample code, it is still not clear in my mind, if I can just call DetectChanges to generate the initial metadata files, and not proceed to do a sync.

Monday, July 5, 2010 1:47 PM