Error on validation RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install windows media player on xp.

I get this error when trying to validate 'error code: 0x80072f07"

i am also trying to install a driver for Samsung S3 phone but the wrong driver gets installed each time.  

Where can i get help on this issue?

Here's my diagnostic report....please help.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    • Edited by Dan_Grey Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:27 PM Privacy
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Your installation of Office Pro Plus 2007 is counterfeit, and should be uninstalled - you may need to uninstall and reinstall the Home & Student afterwards.

There are no other  obvious problems showing in the report - what happens if you attempt validation at www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate using Internet Explorer?

If it fails, go to the Diagnostics page at www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag - what happens?

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:36 AM
  • I did not even know i had plus. Its uninstalled and re installed office home.

The first link i cannot access.

The 2nd link shows this:

Diagnostic test results:

Genuine Microsoft Software Diagnostic Results

Passed Active scripting allowed
    Passed Display images enabled
    Passed Computer time and date correct
    Passed Cookies enabled
    Passed ActiveX enabled
    Passed Windows validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Office validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded
    Passed Validation Self-help: Data.dat Corruption check
    Passed Validation Self-help: Cryptography check
    Passed Validation Self-help: Product Activation check

If i then do Validate Windows it redirects me to the default Windows website.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidationResult.aspx?displaylang=en&cCode=USA&PageName=validate

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:26 AM
  • Did everything i can. 

There is no way the Validation code can be obtained. Still gives me the same error saying it could be a technical issueor may be running an unsupported operating system.  'error code: 0x80072f07"

My mission is to plug my Samsung S3 phone into the pc and sync. For that i need windows media player thus now i cannot download it with this error.

All my programs are legit and have been working for years. Then why now suddenly would i have problems?

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:17 PM
  • You do not need a validation code.

You MUST use Internet Explorer to access the download page. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8163

Click on the Continue button - it may ask to install the WGA ActiveX Control, and should simply change the Continue button into a Download button.

• Marked as answer by Dan_Grey Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:24 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:58 PM
  •  Thank you Noel.

Ok thats the trick my goodness. Downloading Windows Media Player tried it 100times in Chrome.

Anywhere you can direct me to look for help getting Samsung Mobile device drivers certified for Windows XP?

The automatic instillation is not certified and doesn't work.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Never mind the Windows Media Player solved the problem and i have access. What a weird design and concept from Samasung. Anyhow it works.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:26 PM
  • What? - Kies?

It's effectively a Virtual Machine running Android, as I understand it - be careful with it, as it can lead to some interesting 'effects' :)

I dislike all these wonder-products for phones - If I need to back up from the phone I put it on a memory card and copy the needed files across, or pull them out using Windows Explorer :)

I have one client who had 8 different applications for various phones installed - and only one was the phone currently in use.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:24 PM