CRM 2013 - Quote product inline edit view - No editable unit price? RRS feed

• Question

• In CRM 2011, my customer was able to add products to a quote and still edit the price per unit for the selected product.
    Doing this, the default price per unit was NOT affected on the product card itself.
    This was a good functionality since their prices change every day, so their default price per unit on a product is € 1.
    When creating a quote, they'd just enter the price per unit, per product, real time.

The good thing about CRM 2013 is that they can add products easy with the new grid.
    First problem is, when adding a product and clicking on the find button, CRM shows only 10 products??
    There are over 100 products in CRM, so they have to scroll down and then click on 'search more records'..
    Too much clicking!

But the main problem is that they can't edit the price per unit anymore, on the quote itself, for the selected product:

The product grid is awesome: quick & easy to add products, but we need to be able to change the price per unit.
    Even when we use the form 'products', we can't edit the price per unit anymore.

Is there a way to fix this?
    I went looking in the field list of quoteproducts, there's a field names price per unit.
    The description says it's meant to edit the price per unit, but we can't edit it anywhere but on the product card itself..

What am I overlooking?

*edit*

I found this this thread:
    https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/p/123743/264373.aspx
    Where they post a link to this:
    http://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/colinmaitland/2012/10/08/pricing_products_part_11_override_pricing_privileges

That was, fyi, how it worked in CRM 2011, they could override the price...
    Now, I can't find a form where I can change the price per unit :/
    Not on the new grid, and not on the quote products form.

• Edited by LunAds Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:33 PM update
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Doesn't anyone have a solution for the above? This is a real problem for several customers of ours. We know how to "fix" this by putting a price of 1 EUR and then changing the quantity, but that is stupid to say the least. 

Friday, December 19, 2014 3:27 PM
  • Hi,

Did you ever work this out? I am facing the same issue.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:07 PM
  • unfortunately not :(

Customer isn't using this atm, but I'd like to implement this part...
    Not usable if they're not able to edit the price

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:47 AM
  • Still waiting..

Meanwhile its CRM 2015.. still no fix or workaround?
    This sounds like basic functionality..
    I can't imagine my customer is the only one wanting to edit the prices this way..

Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:15 AM